October 1, 2011

The Leary Family | Wisconsin Family Photographer

Photographing families with small children is always an adventure. It's a fun, unpredictable escapade that typically ends up differently than imagined. For me, a fun photo session involves letting go of the need to control the chaos, and just embrace the experience!  I mention this right on my website in the about me section... "welcome to my photography website. if you are looking for formal photos with lots of props, you are at the wrong website. my approach is casual. life is unpredictable and so are facial expressions. the best pictures aren't planned; they just happen. sometimes you may not even know i snapped a shot. the beauty of real life is found in those unexpected moments. i love to document those moments. will the people be centered, and the smiles perfect? probably not, but that is what lifestyle photography is all about."
Brendan & Camryn were a perfect example of how adorably erratic small children are at photo shoots or church or the grocery store or...well anywhere!  These cool parents, Sean & Jill, were troopers. They didn't get worked up or impatient. They embraced the madness and laughed through it all. And looked what resulted-

A couple of perfectly imperfect family photos and...




sweet, baby girls smiles and adorable, 2 year old boy antics. 


{Photographer's Favorite}
This might be my favorite moment of any photo shoot ever. (As a little side note, Sean & Jill are good friends of Trevor & myself, and they are hilarious...both of them.) I asked Brendan to go stand my his dad, which he did without hesitation, but he wouldn't face me.  He stood there smiling & laughing with his back to me, knowing just how funny it was. He's a little comedian in the making. 




No comments:

Post a Comment