September 19, 2011

Greg & Monika | 9.10.11 | Wisconsin Wedding Photographer

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to shoot with Dani Stephenson of Dani Stephenson Photography. This time we traveled to beautiful Sheboygan, located on the shore of Lake Michigan. What a great town! It has beautiful scenery, small town charm and big city class. 

Greg and Monika have the same exact kind of vibe going for them. They are gorgeous, they are the sweetest couple I've ever worked with, and their wedding had great style.  I had such a great time shooting this wedding and I had a hard time really understanding why until I looked at my images. In one word I can tell you what I loved most about this gorgeous day...

TEXTURE:
 {the quality created by the combination of the different elements}

Monika and Greg's wedding had the most amazing elements, and in my opinion it set this wedding apart. Take a look and I think you will see what I mean. 

Look at this dress. It was so lovely. Simple with amazing details. 



Monika looked perfect. The vintage style birdcage veil with the blush colored flower was so romantic.  


Her bridesmaids looked great in the vibrate eggplant-colored dresses. 


{Photographer's Favorite #1}
I love this photo of Greg & Monika during the church service. Often ceremony photos are awkward with serious looking couples just trying to make it through the service without fainting, tripping or saying the wrong name. :)  Not these two, this photo shows them looking so calm and comfortable, kneeling next to one another...no nerves, just love.


Monika's family from Poland brought some of their rich culture all the way to Wisconsin for the big day. As the bride and groom exited the church, they were showered with coins.  The coins represented good luck & prosperity for the new couple.  


Not only were the photographers caught off guard, with our cameras down, but the surprise shower felt more like a hailstorm to the unsuspecting bride and groom!  It was one of those funny and sweet moments that make every couples wedding their own.  Monika and Greg collected the coins as a reminder of the well wishes, and a start to an abundant life. 


Greg and Monika's wedding story had so many great elements that could soon be forgotten. Which is part of what I love most about second shooting. As a second shooter, I can take a step or two back and snap photos that might typically be missed or deemed not necessary. 

These are the kinds of photos I love. Photos that make the story of each couple individual wedding complete. I hope these images will remind them of all the loveliness that when put all together was their wedding day.  Which by the way - is a great wedding date.  I love 9.10.11!

Sand, feathers, and shells.


Rippling waves and passing yachts.



Clear skies and private moments. 


Tall fall grasses,


{Photographer's Favorite #2}
A lot of times, I don't know why I'm drawn to certain images, but I just am.  This is one of those photos. I can't put my finger on why. Might be his ring, the way she is holding her dress or the grass & the trees, not sure what exactly, but I know I love it.


wildflowers and bird berry vines.


Wonderful sunlight glittering through the late summer leaves.



Clear skies and private moments.


Ivory roses,  driftwood,


and autumn colored bouquets. 


The Sheboygan Yacht Club was the perfect place for a beautiful reception. Lots of light and views from the windows behind the head table accompanied...


with dark wood and boating inspired decor surrounding the dance floor. 


My favorite detail was this alternative to the traditional guest book. The couple had stones for each guest to leave a personal message on...in either English or Polish.  I love this!


As the daylight faded to twilight the couple walked along the pier for some sunset photos.  Dani directed them for her shoots, and again, I just snapped away at the details. 

  


  

The photos were wrapped up outside with one last beautiful element...sparklers. Mr. & Mrs. Casper both look so happy running through their sparkling salute. 

Thanks to Dani Stephenson and Greg & Monika for allowing me to be a part of the special day.


  I hope, just like their wedding, their lives are filled with beautiful elements and amazing details.
 May your marriage overflow with texture!






No comments:

Post a Comment