May 22, 2011

Rayna & Doug | May 14 2011 | My First Wedding

Rayna is my first cousin, she was the cutest little peanut when she was little and has grown into such an amazing woman.  Earlier this year we shared the honor of eulogizing our Grandpa Ross, and as I stood and watched her speak so elegantly during such a sad time, I couldn't help but to gush with pride. It was hard to believe this poised lady was once little "Rainbow" who, at 3 years old, could recite the names of the Presidents.

Last fall, when Rayna called to ask me to take her wedding photos, I was really nervous...like throwing up nervous.  I badly wanted to say NO!  We all know that I love taking pictures, but a wedding is not just pictures...it is the most important memories some people will ever have.  Taking photos of a 3 year old can easily be redone if the kid is sick or the weather sucks, but a wedding goes on and there are no redos!  So you don't want your photographer to be some wanna be nutrition educator.  But Rayna was convinced I was exactly who she wanted.  She trusted me and my vision.  I'm glad that my first bride was someone so beautiful, smart and truly kind....and since we are family....someone who had to still love me if they sucked!

These are a few of my favorites from a lovely day spent with Rayna and Doug.



These dog-tags were hanging from her bouquet.  It was a sweet and touching way to honor Doug and the commitment he has not only to Rayna, but to his country.




Photographer's favorite detail shots...





Photographer's favorite couple shot...





I wish Rayna & Doug a long, happy life, and I was so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of their big day!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice Julie... I hope you're not nervous about doing weddings anymore, cuz these pictures are seriously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely AMAZING!!! You obviously poured your heart into every photo. Rayna and Doug were very lucky to have you! Special family, special memories, special day captured forever!!!! OUTSTANDING JOB!!

    ReplyDelete