October 14, 2011

Tara & Bobby: Part 2 | October 8, 2011 | Mineral Point Wisconsin DIY Wedding Photographer


For full disclosure, I didn't really know Tara & Bobby, but I've known members of his family for years.  As Trevor and I looked for kind, responsible, good families in our community to serve as a guide for us-Bobby's parents, Michelle and Brett, and his aunt & uncle, Chris & Dale, have always been considered role models.  They are people who had fun together, were involved in school and community, but always...ALWAYS put their family first. 

 Keeping in that tradition of family.  The couple decided to have their reception on his family's farm right outside of Mineral Point.  It was an amazing event! The entire family pitched in, at the direction of the Master of Creativity-Michelle, and made the shed/garage into a flawless venue, perfect for the fun-loving crowd.


As the bride & groom arrived, The Steve Brown band played by the outdoor bar.  Guested mingled enjoying the amazing autumn weather and cocktails served in personalized glasses.








The inside of the shed was transformed into a rustic reception hall. Pumpkins, candles and vintage pieces made you completely forget the normal functionality of the building.


White lights, window frames and antique doors gave the huge building a rich, romantic & cozy feel.




The cake area was scattered with vintage linens, china, and crates.  The mums and corn stalks provided a lovely, local backdrop to the variety of delicious cupcakes.  Which by the way, the Chocolate Explosion cupcakes were the best wedding treat I've ever eaten.



My favorite part of the evening was the dancing. The Schmitzs, along with the rest of the wedding party, started the dance with The Dropkick Murphy's - I'm Shipping Up To Boston.....a song I love!
It was a fun moment, and it totally got the dance portion of the event started with a bang.






As the night winded down for me, the dancing continued in full Regan fashion. I'm so glad I could capture this moment of Michelle with some of her sisters.


Congrats to Tara & Bobby Schmitz.

 Thank you for believing in me. I'm so grateful you allowed me to capture your absolutely perfect day.

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton 





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day, couple, wedding, family. You did a wonderful job capturing the whole thing, and the feeling of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing collection of photo's!! I did not attend the wedding but you made me feel like I got a personal glimpse into a very special occasion.Only Michelle could make a shed feel and look so cozy and festive

    Kath

    ReplyDelete