August 13, 2011

Celebrations | Wisconsin Family Photographer

Whether it's a retirement, a birthday, a trip of a lifetime or just the fact that everyone is together - there is no better gift than photos. What a great way to capture the special moments each family has.

 I realize large group photography is not my specialty. I typically do very casual shoots without much in the way of poses, so I'm always a little hesitant when asked to do a large group. But I can't say  no because I'm a total sucker for a big happy family coming together to celebrate.  So although the composition may not be quite perfect, I know I can capture the unique and amazing personalities that when joined together make these beautiful individuals - family.


Grandma's Retiring...
  Everyone is together and dressed up for a celebration dinner - why not spend a little time capturing the moment.  Kate has such a beautiful & fun family.  I hope she gets to enjoy spending lots of time with these adorable grandkids during her retirement. 

   

{Photographer's Favorite}
I love this one of Grandpa Bub with little Max.  So sweet...naked Barbie & all!







Jake is leaving for New Zealand...
Marcia (my son Owen's favorite teacher) wanted some updated photos of her gorgeous grown kids before Jake left the continent.  This photogenic group was by far the easiest photo shoot I've ever done. So natural in front of the camera and totally easy going. I had a great time!


   




 {Photographer's Favorite}
We took most of the photos deep in the woods at the family's lovely cabin so I didn't get a lot of the great evening light, but when we got back to the house the light was golden and gorgeous.




Everyone is planning to be in Wiota...
This big group was going to be together so they decided an updated photo was in order.  These guys remind me a lot of my own family.  Lots of crazy cousins and adorable little kids running around. Their grandparents live on the most gorgeous property I've ever seen.  I'm sure they have a million amazing memories messing around with one another here.




{Photographer's Favorite}
The look on the faces in this photo are priceless! Family fun.






Mom's Birthday...

 Renee, Brenda and Randy decided the best gift for their mother's birthday would be a family photo shoot.  I met these guys at their parent's beautiful home overlooking the bluffs of the Wisconsin River.

{Photographer's Favorite}
This is the best birthday gift a mother could ask for...a great photo of her adult children laughing together. I love this shot!








Thanks to all of these great groups for allowing me to capture their special family celebrations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment