July 26, 2011

Mariah | Class of 2012 | James Madison Memorial High School Photographer

Since starting this business slowly, but surely a few years ago, I've been very adamant about taking my time. Honing my craft while constantly learning and growing with each lovely subject I shot.  I was not desperate for a bunch of wedding or a gang of seniors right from the start. I wanted to be sure that not only could I give them a product they would be satisfied with, but with a product they were moved by, ecstatic about and completely in love with. Wedding photos & senior photos are extra important because they are taken at a pivotal moment in a person's life. They should be personal, creative and custom to each person & situation.  Carbon copy or cookie-cutter images are not enough for these special moments.

Senior photos are often the last photos taken of your child as a school-ager and the first real professional photos taken of your child as their own individual...no more school photos with a choice of 3 different colored backgrounds.  These photos should reflect the child whose been nurtured & loved for the last 17 years and foreshadow the unique adult who is about to embark on their own interesting life.

I was so happy when Mariah contacted me about her senior photos.  I was feeling ready to tackle a female senior, and lucky me, I got to shoot this beautiful girl!  Not only is she adorable, but she is a complete & total sweetheart.  I had a blast watching her grow comfortable in front of my camera, which is when I got to see the real Mariah. 




Mariah's adorable idea...I'd love to take credit but it was all her!


{Photographer's Favorite}
I love this photo because she looks like a carefree, confident, and comfortable teenager...which is exactly what she is. It probably won't be her yearbook photo, but I'd bet this is the girl her family & friends love being around.



Mariah & her boyfriend, Zach, doing a little Amberconbe & Fitch modeling. I love their bad ass expressions.  They are naturals.


  

Wishing Mariah a fun, safe senior year, and a full and happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment